Brisbane Skip Bin Hire and Rental
If you want to hire a skip bin you will ne required to have accredited skip company (like us Moreton Bay Skip Bins) which carry the appropriate level of public liability insurance.
We will contact the local council to request a permit to place the skip bin on a public area, on your behalf.
Where to put a skip bin
- place the bin on a road. It cannot be placed on a footpath
- leave at least three metres road pavement width for traffic
- leave two metres for a parked vehicle if parking is permitted, and
- follow any parking restrictions, except for time limits.
Don't put a skip bin
- somewhere that blocks Melbourne Water drains, Telstra poles, or other service authority assets, or
- in a cul-de-sac without the written consent of all residents whose access will be restricted.
Skip bin safety
A skip bin must have:
- reflectors and lights that make the bin visible in all conditions for a minimum distance of 100 metres, and
- the supplier’s name and telephone number in characters at least 10 centimetres high on the side of the bin.